Thursday, September 13, 2007

On Handprints

Pinned to the wall of my dull gray cubicle at work are cardboard cut outs, covered in glitter glue, of my two little girls’ handprints. I hadn’t actually noticed them in a while. You know how when you see something so often that you kinda stop seeing it? Like how you never notice that all the frames on the wall in your house are crooked, but you always notice it at other people’s houses (well, maybe that’s just me). That’s how it is with these handprints. They’ve been on my wall for 2+ years now, so long that the sunlight has faded their once bright hue. I hardly ever notice them, but today, they keep catching my eye.

I think I’m missing my girls today. And I think I need new handprints for my wall. They’ve grown a bit and their once tiny hands are bigger now.

1 comment:

Tree said...

That is sweet. It makes me miss my not so little boy and my still quite little girl.